Oregon DUII Diversion Program
DUII convictions can have serious repercussions on almost every aspect of your life, and stick around on your record far longer than they are welcome. First time offenders in Oregon have a way out however, and may be able to escape many of the undesirable consequences of a DUII conviction by taking advantage of the Oregon DUII Diversion program.
Diversion is a special program that allows for DUII offenders to completely expunge the conviction from their record should they successfully complete the requirements of the course. Meeting the eligibility requirements for the program is not always guaranteed however, and careful management of your case by an experienced attorney is essential to reach a desirable outcome. At Castleberry & Elison, P.C., we offer complete and exhaustive management of your DUII diversion. To learn more about how our Oregon DUII diversion attorneys can help, fill out the form to the right today.
Qualifying for Diversion
Judges reserve the diversion program for only a select few DUII offenders, and it will be up to your lawyer to present your case in a manner that seems deserving of consideration for diversion by clearly demonstrating qualifications such as the following:
- You have a 15 year record free from vehicular charges such as negligent assault or manslaughter.
- You have no additional charges pending involving intoxicated operation of a vehicle.
- You are not currently participating in other similar programs for convictions other than the DUII in question.
In addition, judges have leeway to make a subjective decision on whether or not to accept you into the diversion program based on the particular details of the case. Presenting a favorable impression to the judge is how experienced legal representation can give you the greatest advantage, as your attorney may be able to convince the judge of positive factors such as the following:
- Diversion would benefit the community as well as you.
- Your character is such that you will faithfully complete the diversion program.
- You will be cooperative and helpful with drug and alcohol screening agencies.
Benefits of Diversion
Avoiding the presence of DUII on your record is an enormous advantage in a variety of aspects of your life, as you will avoid complications such as the following:
- Increased penalties for subsequent DUII charges
- Reduced employment opportunities
- Difficulty gaining acceptance to law schools and other higher education programs
At Castleberry & Elison, P.C., our legal professionals are dedicated to finding the best possible solutions for clients, and will work tirelessly to help you gain acceptance to the Oregon DUII diversion program and manage every aspect of your case. To learn more about diversion and how it can work for you, simply fill out the form to the right or call our Oregon DUII diversion lawyers at 503-223-0011 today.